AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- The Curious Case of Anthony Johnson
- A Grand Compromise on Crime, Mental Health and Guns
- Jeanine’s Memes
- Bacon Meme of the Week
- Uncancelling Lee
- Cause, Effect, and Regret
- Account for All of the Costs
- Mass Shootings: Take A Breath Before Bloviating
- The Governor Asks Virginians to Support Food Banks
- Homelessness in Petersburg – Part 2
- Violence Prevention and TATs: A Dissenting Opinion
- Shapira Hits All-Time Low in VMI Coverage
- Norfolk: Where Attorneys Flee and Criminals Go Free
- Virginia Should Enforce Threat Assessment Laws. Noting Lack of Compliance Not Enough.
- Petersburg Resumes Important Actions Against City Code Violators — Homeless Needs Increase