Carol J. Bova spent thirty-five years in business and nonprofit administration in New York and California before she found a new lifestyle as a writer in Mathews County. She plans to publish a second “Chestnut Springs” novel, “Breaking the Eighth” this year and an ancestor’s biography for a genealogy client. After working on the Piankatank/ Gwynn’s Island TMDL steering committee, she wrote “Drowning a County: When Urban Myths Destroy Rural Drainage,” that addressed the impact of the Virginia Department of Transportation maintenance failures on properties and waterways.
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Bacon’s Rebellion Blunderbuss, your once-a-day blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- Who Hit the Brakes on NoVa Growth?
- Shapira’s Confederates in the Attic
- Gas Lines and Headlines
- Marx, White Moral Panic and a White Liberal’s Rosary
- State Tax Harvest Under Northam Expands Again
- Do Not Discount the Anger Over School Shutdowns
- Great Moments in Virginia Governance: John Marshall Higgins
- Glenn Youngkin’s Good Vibes
- This One Easy Trick Makes Gas Lines Grow Expontentially
- Gas Shortages: Deja Vu All Over Again
- Seven GOP House Primaries on June 8
- Combating the Great Awokening
- GOP Is Dead Serious About Retaking Governor’s Mansion
- An Old Use of Solar Power
- CRT and Virginia History
Search Bacon’s Rebellion