The Bacon’s Rebellion blog tracks public policy issues in Virginia.
We don’t do politics — just policy. Moreover, this is not a partisan blog. We entertain a broad spectrum of views. Our regular and semi-regular contributors include:
- James A. Bacon, publisher. (View profile. View posts.) You can contact him at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com.
- Robin Beres. Robin is a former deputy editorial page editor and commentary columnist for the Richmond Times-Dispatch. A retired Navy chief, she lives in Henrico. (View posts.)
- Carol J. Bova. Carol is a writer who lives in Mathews County. (View profile.) (View posts.)
- Stephen D. Haner. A former newspaper reporter, political operative, state employee, and lobbyist, Steve brings diverse perspectives to the blog. (View profile. View posts.)
- Richard W. Hall-Sizemore. A former lobbyist and budget analyst for Virginia’s Department of Planning and Budget, Dick is now retired. (View posts.)
- Bob Rayner. Bob Rayner was born on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, grew up in Greater Richmond, and considers himself a native Virginian, no matter what anyone says. He earned a history degree at UVa and a masters in communications at VCU. He worked in the newspaper business for almost 30 years as a writer, reporter, and editor. He likes to read and write novels, spend time with his family, and vacation in Baltimore, Glendale, Calif., and almost any beach between Ocean City and Wrightsville.
- Don Rippert. Don has recently retired as a senior executive with a Fortune 500 company. He lives in Northern Virginia. (View profile. View posts.)
- James C. Sherlock. A Virginia Beach resident, retired Navy Captain, and certified enterprise architect, Jim writes about the business of healthcare in Virginia. (View posts.)
Bacon’s Rebellion also partners with Kerry Dougherty, a former Washington Post and Virginian-Pilot writer, who publishes the “Kerry: Unemployed & Unedited” blog.
If you would like to contribute a column, please contact Publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]dev.baconsrebellion.com to see if your topic would be suitable. (Insert “@” for “[at]”.)
Blog Rules and Etiquette
We request, though we don’t require, readers to use their real names when they comment. For those unwilling to reveal their real name, we ask that they use a consistent pseudonym so others can more easily track who is saying what.
We have managed, so far, to avoid posting elaborate rules for participating in this blog. We simply urge contributors and commenters to maintain a collegial atmosphere. Direct all the fire and fury you want at another person’s argument, but do not engage in ad hominem attacks. The publisher reserves the right to delete any comments that violate this basic rule. Additionally, blog contributors have the right to delete any comments on their own posts only that they feel detracts from the quality of the dialogue.
We welcome contributions, either payable through Paypal or by check.
Contact Publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com or call (804) 873-1543.