The Bacon’s Rebellion blog tracks public policy issues in Virginia.
We don’t do politics — just policy. Moreover, this is not a partisan blog. We entertain a broad spectrum of views. Our regular and semi-regular contributors include:
- James A. Bacon, publisher. (View profile. View posts.) You can contact him at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com.
- Stephen D. Haner. A former newspaper reporter, political operative, state employee, and lobbyist, Steve brings diverse perspectives to the blog. (View profile. View posts.)
- Don Rippert. Don has recently retired as a senior executive with a Fortune 500 company. He lives in Northern Virginia. (View profile. View posts.)
- Richard W. Hall-Sizemore. A former lobbyist and budget analyst for Virginia’s Department of Planning and Budget, Dick is now retired. (View posts.)
- Peter Galuszka. A career journalist writing and editing newspapers and business magazines, Peter now does free-lance writing and research. (View posts.)
- James C. Sherlock. A Virginia Beach resident, retired Navy Captain, and certified enterprise architect, Jim writes about the business of healthcare in Virginia. (View posts.)
- Philip Shucet. A former VDOT commissioner and transportation turn-around executive, Philip has reinvented himself as a documentary photographer. (View website. View Posts.)
Bacon’s Rebellion also partners with Kerry Dougherty, a former Washington Post and Virginian-Pilot writer, who publishes the “Kerry: Unemployed & Unedited” blog.
Thanks to the following contributors of photographs for replication in our header:
Jon Wight: Gay Pride Day, Richmond, Va.; High Bridge Trail; St. Patrick’s Day, Richmond, Va.
Allen Barringer; solar panels, and view from Glouster, Va.
Howard Bergman: Martinsville Speedway; Scottish Christmas Walk, Alexandria; Woodrow Wilson Bridge with National Harbor, Md., in background; Floydfest, Floyd County, Va.
If you would like to contribute a column, please contact Publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]dev.baconsrebellion.com to see if your topic would be suitable. (Insert “@” for “[at]”.)
Blog Rules and Etiquette
We request, though we don’t require, readers to use their real names when they comment. For those unwilling to reveal their real name, we ask that they use a consistent pseudonym so others can more easily track who is saying what.
We have managed, so far, to avoid posting elaborate rules for participating in this blog. We simply urge contributors and commenters to maintain a collegial atmosphere. Direct all the fire and fury you want at another person’s argument, but do not engage in ad hominem attacks. The publisher reserves the right to delete any comments that violate this basic rule. Additionally, blog contributors have the right to delete any comments on their own posts only that they feel detracts from the quality of the dialogue.
We welcome contributions, either payable through Paypal or by check.
Contact Publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com or call (804) 873-1543.There are currently no comments highlighted.