Virginia News Raw & Unexpurgated
This news feed is, to be charitable, “under development.” Think of it as a news source that will one day become your supplement to VA News, the Virginia Public Access Project newsletter that delivers a curated list of news articles to your inbox every morning. Much of the content VA News links to sits behind pay walls. Moreover, it leaves out a lot, including blog posts, press releases and a lot of other Internet content that never gets covered by Virginia’s shrinking news media.
Our process for adding sources is hit or miss. Click here to see the list of websites included in the news feed. Feel free to contact us about adding new news sources.
(I’m not sure why the new aggregation software is displaying Bacon’s Rebellion comments. I will try to fix that and limit the news feed to blog posts and news posts only.)
- Biden for President Virginia Launches LGBTQ+ Virginians for Biden-Harris Leadership Council
- #FlashbackFreitas: Delegate Freitas Refuses to Protect Pregnant Women in the Workplace
- Virginia Democrats Respond to Bombshell Revelations about Trump’s Tax Returns
- RPV Asks Court to Hold AG Herring, Department of Elections in Contempt
- Right-Wing Group That Helped Gerrymander North Carolina in Favor of Republicans Gives $50k to Virginia “Conservatives for Redistricting Reform”
- Qasim Rashid Campaign Introduces Compassion for Veterans Plan
- Ahead of Debate, Trump Continues Attack on Virginians’ Health Care and Protections for Pre-existing Conditions
- You have until Friday!
- Special Session: Four Weeks Later, What Have They Accomplished?
- Session 2020: Key Budget Policy Choices
- Video: After Positive COVID-19 Test, Gov. Northam Reports, “We’re on the mend, feel good…continue to do the work of Virginia”
- AG Mark Herring Defends Texas County Clerk’s Decision to Send Mail-In Voting Applications to Voters
- Gov. Northam’s Proposal to Study a Statewide Fee on the Millions of Tons of Out-of-State Trash Dumped in Virginia Appears Dead For Now
- Biennial real estate plan proposes to allot parcels for affordable development, homeownership
- In Virginia, New Housing Construction Surging in Smaller Markets
- Results from Flash Survey #15: The State of the Fall Real Estate Market
- LTE: Does The “R” in Richmond Stand For R-Rated?
- Monday (9/28) Virginia Data on COVID-19 Finds +449 Confirmed/Probable Cases (to 146,593), +27 Hospitalizations (to 10,916), +13 Deaths (to 3,172) From Yesterday
- City of Richmond Office of Minority Business Development launches new supplier and diversity portal for business registration
- Monday News: Tax Story Shows Trump “a pitifully inept businessman and a serial tax avoider crushed by massive debts”; Joe Biden “would restore decency, honor and competence to America’s government”; “Trump’s Supreme Court power grab”