A recent article in The Washington Post described how the U.S Secretary of State has ordered that all documents sent to the Secretary’s office must use the Calibri font and be in 14 point. It reminded me of the period in which staff in the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget were directed to use 14 point font for any budget documents being sent to the Governor to review. The reason we were given was that the Governor (I won’t say which one) did not like to admit that he needed to wear glasses in order to read anything in a smaller font.
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- The Grim Reapers of Virginia’s General Assembly
- New Admissions Policy for Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Will Stand
- Democrats Lose Concerns About Taxing the Poor
- Partisan Poison: Va Dems Quash a Bill to Protect School Kids
- In Their Own Words: Lanice Avery
- The Fight Against Invasives
- Progressive Legislators Declare “Profound Solidarity” with Criminals
- We’re Doctors. Implicit Bias Training Has No Place in Medicine.
- Floyd Judge Ponders Order to Return RGGI Tax
- A Traditional Conservative Issues Warning
- Jeanine’s Memes
- Bacon Meme of the Week
- Judge Uses Crude Statistics to Find Racial Profiling by Richmond Police
- Nasty Social Media Message Attacks Virginia’s Speaker of the House
- Dartmouth Reinstated the SAT. Will Virginia Universities Follow Suit?