In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attack, Young America’s Foundation, a conservative student group, planted 2,977 flags in the University of Virginia’s Amphitheater. Vandals knocked down the flags and flipped a table with a banner. Expressing solidarity with the perpetrators, Twitter users equated the memorial service to the white supremacist torch march of the infamous United the Right rally and said falsely that YAF has “ties to the neo-Nazi movement.” See the full story here. — JAB
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- Handling Threats in Schools is Hampered by Progressive Cultures and Lack of Individual Initiative
- RVA 5X5: Enrichmond and the City’s Radio Silence
- Richmond’s Metzger Bar and Butchery Denies Service to Christian Non-Profit
- A Powerful Defense of Thomas Jefferson
- How UVa Addresses Student Loneliness, Depression
- Anti-Religious Satanic Group Demands Equal Treatment in Chesapeake
- Youngkin Reacts To Raid By An ABC Goon Squad
- Grand Jury Report on Loudoun Schools Raises Threat Assessment Issue – Again
- Anti-Semitism in Virginia
- Fathering While Black
- Virginia Board of Education: Stay the Course
- We Don’t Pay Virginia Beach Cops Enough
- Great Investigative Reporting of a Heartbreaking Story
- Student Mental Health Crisis Explained – By The Washington Post
- Back To the Patrick Henry Building