In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attack, Young America’s Foundation, a conservative student group, planted 2,977 flags in the University of Virginia’s Amphitheater. Vandals knocked down the flags and flipped a table with a banner. Expressing solidarity with the perpetrators, Twitter users equated the memorial service to the white supremacist torch march of the infamous United the Right rally and said falsely that YAF has “ties to the neo-Nazi movement.” See the full story here. — JAB
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Bacon’s Rebellion Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- The Latest Euphemism: “Unfinished Learning”
- Glenn Youngkin: America’s Parent Champion
- Jeanine’s Memes
- Mystery: What’s Behind the Dramatic Fall-off In K and Pre-K Enrollment?
- A Reprieve or Just a Bargaining Move?
- Schools Say They Teach CRT, Even As Journalists Deny It
- Why Is the CBF Fighting a Compressor Station 200 Miles from the Chesapeake Bay?
- Rule by Brainless Algorithm
- How to Live Free
- Young Peoples’ Attitudes About America Show that the Nation is Reaping What the Left has Sown
- Cuccinelli Gives His Take on Youngkin’s Election
- Brace Yourself for Omicron… and Omicron Hysteria
- Omicron: It’s Here!
- Virginia Consumers Are Getting Cranky
- Press Misinformation on Critical Race Theory in Schools Fuels the Fight