If you missed the Virginia Energy Consumer Conference last week, here’s your chance to catch up. The highlight is Steve Haner’s interview of Michael Shellenberger, author of “Apocalypse Never.” Addressing the energy debate from a national perspective, Shellenberger makes the case that renewable energy sources are no panacea for the environment. Subsequent presentations in the conference provide conservative perspectives on Virginia-specific issues. — JAB
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- Happy 4th, Everyone!
- Jefferson and Madison Legacies Debated in Library Hearing
- Virtual Education in K-12 Public Schools – A False and Corrupt Narrative in Virginia
- Jeanine’s Memes
- Your Alumni Association Dollars at Work
- The Stakes are High in Reform of Higher Education
- A Mean-Spirited Amendment
- A More Politically Diverse Board for VMI
- UVa’s Invasive, Ubiquitous DEI Program, Its President and the New Board of Visitors
- The Pandemic Was an Educational Catastrophe. We Have to Come Together.
- Bringing New Ideas to Education
- Youngkin Breaks VCCS Stonewalling Over New Chancellor — Ivan Drago Style
- UVa Board Meetings Should Get a Lot More Interesting
- Impact of Supremes’ Roe v. Wade Ruling Way Overstated