I met Carla Howell a few years ago when she was on the staff of the Libertarian National Committee in Washington, D.C. In 2019 she began releasing original songs with libertarian themes. This one, “First, Do No Harm,” is arguably Howell’s best production to date. — JAB
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- Fixes are Available for Nurse Shortages – Virginia Needs to Take Action in the Upcoming GA Session
- Small and Medium Businesses in Virginia Cited Among Best Healthcare Workplaces Nationally
- Bacon Bits: Signs of the Times
- Media Gins up Anemic School Walkouts
- To Be Elected Or Not
- Use of Cross-Gender Hormones for Gender Transitions in Minors
- Graph of the Day: Maternal Mortality
- Map of the Day: Corporate Tax Rates
- “Puberty Blockers Are Wonderful” – UVa Children’s Hospital
- Wokewashing Comes for the Executive Mansion
- Last Passenger on the Titanic
- VEA’s Failing, Flailing Excuse for a Report
- Why Local Leaders Won’t Say The G Word
- “Too Thin”
- Virginia’s Student “Growth” Model Stunts Achievement