I do not know if this is good news or bad news for Jim Sherlock’s campaign, but Aubrey Layne, currently the Secretary of Finance, will be joining Sentara on July 1. (This is about the time during an administration that Cabinet members start jumping ship.)
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Subscribe to the Blunderbuss, your thrice-weekly blast of truth… a Bacon’s Rebellion re-cap plus so much more. Click below:
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- Get Weapons Out of Schools – Start with the Schools Most Threatened
- Pretrial Services Agencies: A Rejoinder
- Bacon Meme of the Week
- Talking Crime
- Rent-A-Cops in the Schools Now?
- The Burning Deck
- Turbocharged: Fairfax Car Tax Burden
- Parental Rights Trump Kids’ Rights to Privacy
- Governor Youngkin Can Restore Parental Rights in the Treatment of Transgender Children in Schools with the Stroke of a Pen
- The Circle of Government Fecklessness and Homelessness – Newport News Edition
- Race As a Political Construct
- A Pedophile By Any Other Name
- Higher Ed to General Assembly: More, More, More
- Richmond Times Dispatch’s Flexible “Community Guidelines”
- Time to Throw the Spotlight on Virginia’s Education Schools