By Dick Hall-Sizemore
I seem to recall that contributors and comments on this blog often said that “come November 4, COVID will no longer be a big news item.” The implication, of course, was that the main national news organizations were hyping the COVID issue in order to damage the Trump administration.
Well, it is now November 9, almost one week after the election and Biden has been declared the winner. Let’s check on how COVID is being covered.
- Print edition–lead story: Biden Moves Fast on Virus and Economy. Additional story: Latest COVID surge is breaking records
- website, 5:00 a.m. today — President-elect Biden announces coronavirus task force made up of physicians and health experts
New York Times
- Front page, print edition: “Terrifying” Surge Awaits a New Administration, sub-head: U.S. Virus Cases Pass 10 Million as Colder Weather Looms
- Front Page: More Chesterfield Students to Return Amid Staff Concern
- Inside on National News page: Nursing Home COVID-19 Cases Rise Fourfold in Surge States
Looks like it is still big news, election or no election.There are currently no comments highlighted.