COVID data junkies might want to check out the latest iteration of the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association COVID hospitalization dashboard. It now provides a regional breakdown. After winter’s Omicron surge, the numbers are heading down fast, and could well dip lower than the level Virginia enjoyed last summer. The seven-day moving average of COVID hospitalizations statewide stands at 381 today. In the Far Southwest region, the number is only 19. Cross your fingers and hope the lull lasts.
AboutBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Fund the Rebellion
Shake up the status quo!
Your contributions will be used to pay for faster download speeds and grow readership. Make a one-time donation by credit card or contribute a small sum monthly.
Can't wait until tomorrow for your Bacon's Rebellion fix?
Search Bacon’s Rebellion
The Jefferson Council: Protecting Thomas Jefferson’s Legacy at the University of Virginia
Want More Unfiltered News?
Check out the Bacon’s Rebellion News Feed, linking to raw and unexpurgated news and commentary from Virginia blogs, governments, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
We welcome a broad spectrum of views. If you would like to submit an op-ed for publication in Bacon’s Rebellion, contact editor/publisher Jim Bacon at jabacon[at]baconsrebellion.com (substituting “@” for “at”).
Forgot Your Password?Shoot me an email and I'll generate a new password for you.
- A Case Against Further Tax Cuts
- Antifa Failed to Make Conservative Conference a Ngo Go
- No Republican Says “Pregnant Persons”, WaPo
- Jeanine’s Memes
- Bacon Meme of the Week
- “Blessed“ Is the Second RVA Casino Referendum
- Early Voting Starts Today: Bank Your Vote
- In New Mexico, Union Troops Have Been Cancelled
- Charts of the Day: Teacher Vacancies
- Transparency? Hah!
- Woke Bloat at Virginia Universities
- Navy Ditches Drag Queen Recruiting Videos
- By the Way, What Is Virginia Tech’s View on Parental Rights?
- Giant Utility Rejects Net Zero Power; Big Fight Follows
- Fear and Loathing in Harrisonburg