If you need proof that flooding is getting worse in Hampton Roads, here it is. This graph shows the number of hours that the posh Hague neighborhood in downtown Norfolk has experienced flooding over the past 80 years. Can anyone see a trend line? The graph comes from a new report, “Recurrent Flooding Study for Tidewater Virginia.“
About Bacon’s RebellionBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Search by key word
- Bad Bridges
- “Jac” Cales’ PPTA Monkey-Wrench
- A Conservative Case for Mass Transit
- The Good and Bad of Exporting LNG
- Where’re My Cars, Dude?
- Dude! WaPo Columnist Ventures Look at Downstate Road Project!
- State Revenue Surges, but Growth Not Sustainable
- Don’t Look to Uncle Sam for Help
- Yet Another Owner for Richmond’s Unwanted Road
- Food Insecurity: Virginia Must Be Doing Something Right. But What Is It?
Subscribe to RSS Feed