If you need proof that flooding is getting worse in Hampton Roads, here it is. This graph shows the number of hours that the posh Hague neighborhood in downtown Norfolk has experienced flooding over the past 80 years. Can anyone see a trend line? The graph comes from a new report, “Recurrent Flooding Study for Tidewater Virginia.“
About Bacon’s RebellionBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Search by key word
- MOOCs: Hyped, Humbled, Hardy
- The Metro Premium
- Mental Health: McDonnell’s Small Gesture
- Things Are Different on the Other side of the James
- The Suburbs Strike Back!
- Time for Some Tactical Suburbanism
- No Easy Answers for NoVa’s I-95 Corridor
- New Questions about the Shockoe Stadium Proposal
- VCU: Prime Candidate for a MOOCing
- A Closer Look at Virginia Auto Ownership Patterns
Subscribe to RSS Feed