If you need proof that flooding is getting worse in Hampton Roads, here it is. This graph shows the number of hours that the posh Hague neighborhood in downtown Norfolk has experienced flooding over the past 80 years. Can anyone see a trend line? The graph comes from a new report, “Recurrent Flooding Study for Tidewater Virginia.“
Support Bacon’s Rebellion
We can't work for free. (Wish we could, but we can't.) Please help keep this blog going through a voluntary subscription. Become an "agitator," a "bomb thrower" or a "full-fledged rebel" by your level of support.
Search by key word
- Big Data and Power to the People
- SGPs: Bringing Accountability to School Systems
- The Center-City Job Resurgence
- You Must Be Joking
- Using Big Data to Bolster Student Performance
- Government Fragmentation and Economic Growth
- “Hacking for Good” Comes to Virginia
- Closely Watched Trains?
- The McDonnell Saga Is Far From Over
- Land, Density and Resilience
Subscribe to RSS Feed