If you need proof that flooding is getting worse in Hampton Roads, here it is. This graph shows the number of hours that the posh Hague neighborhood in downtown Norfolk has experienced flooding over the past 80 years. Can anyone see a trend line? The graph comes from a new report, “Recurrent Flooding Study for Tidewater Virginia.“
About Bacon’s RebellionBacon's Rebellion is Virginia's leading politically non-aligned portal for news, opinions and analysis about state, regional and local public policy. Read more about us here.
Search by key word
- The World’s Easiest-to-Predict Slowdown Is Now, In Fact, Occurring
- Poverty No Excuse for Lousy Richmond Schools
- Why San Franciscans Are Thinner than Other Americans
- Fracking the Mother of Presidents
- Bicycling in Paradise
- Rethinking Online Classes at U.Va.
- The City of Great Places
- The Richmond Elite’s Bizarre Self Image
- Virginia State/Local Tax Take: 30th in Country
- The Political Economy of Sprawl
Subscribe to RSS Feed